Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sealing head 2.2 Ohv / 40 shim Printoseal gasket
I have a 2.2 OHV Vortec (vin 4) engine in a 2000 pontiac Sunfire. My reworked head needs a .40 shim. What is your recommendation to properly seal the shim I'm using a Fel-Pro PrintoSeal gasket.

I've had one recommendation for Permatex copper spay. Is there anything better?

Thanks
(06-14-2019, 02:48 PM)JonH Wrote: I have a 2.2 OHV Vortec (vin 4) engine in a 2000 pontiac Sunfire. My reworked head needs a .40 shim. What is your recommendation to properly seal the shim I'm using a Fel-Pro PrintoSeal gasket.

I've had one recommendation for Permatex copper spay. Is there anything better?

Thanks

Hi John,

We are guessing you mean you are installing a Fel-Pro PermaTorque head gasket. Based on the application information you provided, the part number of the gasket should be 9170 PT-1. This gasket does have Printoseal sealing beads applied to it, but it is still a PermaTorque head gasket.

We do not offer a head spacer shim for this application, so we are guessing you are using a shim from another source. That is fine, but we cannot make a recommendation on what sealant, if any, should be used on someone else's shim. Install the shim per their directions. Do not apply any sealant or adhesive to the head gasket. The head gasket must be installed between the shim and the cylinder head. The shim will be installed directly on the block, possibly with sealant, depending on the shim manufacturer's instructions.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.