Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fel Pro part no. BS 40547
I just purchased this part,it is a rear main seal. This part does not fit the application. The original seal was a 2 piece rope seal,and this is a one piece modern shaft seal. There is no way this seal will work without major modification to the block and rear main bearing cap. I am very unhappy that the catalog says it fits and there is no way in hell this will work.
(06-12-2019, 11:32 PM)joehambek531@hotmail.com Wrote: I just purchased this part,it is a rear main seal. This part does not fit the application. The original seal was a 2 piece rope seal,and this is a one piece modern shaft seal. There is no way this seal will work without major modification to the block and rear main bearing cap. I am very unhappy that the catalog says it fits and there is no way in hell this will work.

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered. Can you let us know the Year, Make, Model, and Engine Size of the application you're working on so that we can better understand the situation?
The seal that I needed is only available in the conversion lower gasket set. I guess I have to buy a $50.00 part that comes with a bunch of things I do not need in order to receive a $10.00 part that I want. Great marketing ploy on fel-pros part
(Yesterday, 07:55 PM)joehambek531@hotmail.com Wrote: The seal that I needed is only available in the conversion lower gasket set. I guess I have to buy a $50.00 part that comes with a bunch of things I do not need in order to receive a $10.00 part that I want. Great marketing ploy on fel-pros part

Hi,

We would be happy to help or provide any information we can, but need to know what applicaiton you're working on. Let us know how we can help.

We hope to hear back from you soon!

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.