Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head gasket for 65 Mustang Hipo 289 VIN K
Hi,

I'm seeing two gaskets out there for my 65 Ford Mustang 289:  8548PT2 and 9333PT1.

I do have the 289 hipo motor, VIN K, but it's a totally stock build.  I believe they were listed with a little higher compression, but the head chambers are exactly the same as a normal 289, and these replacement pistons (4.040) are looking very stock, just like a normal 289.

Would you recommend one gasket over the other for this application, or is either just a good?

Thanks,
Rich
(06-04-2019, 09:18 PM)Rich Wrote: Hi,

I'm seeing two gaskets out there for my 65 Ford Mustang 289:  8548PT2 and 9333PT1.

I do have the 289 hipo motor, VIN K, but it's a totally stock build.  I believe they were listed with a little higher compression, but the head chambers are exactly the same as a normal 289, and these replacement pistons (4.040) are looking very stock, just like a normal 289.

Would you recommend one gasket over the other for this application, or is either just a good?

Thanks,
Rich

Hi Rich,

The gaskets are the exact same shape, but the 9333 PT-1 gasket has stainless steel combustion armors designed to stand up better to the increased cylinder pressure and temperatures in the higher performance engines. For the hipo 289, the 9333 PT-1 gaskets would be our recommendation.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.