Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VS50522T valve cover gasket
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0 L I6 engine. Previously you had to replace the valve cover instead of the gasket has this been designed to eliminate that?
(06-02-2019, 09:57 PM)Harry Wrote: I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0 L I6 engine. Previously you had to replace the valve cover instead of the gasket has this been designed to eliminate that?

Hi Harry,

Unless the valve cover is badly damaged we are not aware of anything that would require the valve cover to be replaced just to change the gasket.

With that said, the VS 50522 T gasket is our top-of-the-line PeremaDryPlus problem-solving gasket for the valve cover on these applications. It has metal torque limiters around each bolt hole to help prevent overcompression of the gasket and distortion of the valve cover itself.

Before installing the gasket, make sure the valve cover and cylinder head sealing surfaces are clean and dry. Make sure the valve cover sealing surface is flat and true. If it is warped, dimpled, or otherwise damaged, it needs to be flattened out. If it cannot be flattened out then the valve cover may need to be replaced, but this is typically not the case.

Do not use any type of RTV silicone or other sealants. This PermeDryPlus gasket has precisely located silicone rubber sealing beads that will help create the best seal when installed properly. Install the gasket clean and dry on clean and dry surfaces.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.