Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defective Head Gasket?
I just purchased a gasket kit (KS2001) The head gaskets are multi-layer, blue on top, gray on bottom.  The layers are coming apart.  Is this a defect or the way they are designed?  If they are designed this way, do I need to use sealant on either side?  What kind?
Hi Jeff,

KS 2001 should contain our 8266 PT-1 Head Gaskets. They are not multi-layer gaskets, they are a composite which is made from facing materials applied to a core but they should not be coming apart. You can get a better look at those gaskets here:
https://fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail...brandId=FL

Where did you purchase the gasket set and was it factory-sealed when you received it? Do you have any pictures you can share with us?

Can you locate the date code on the packaging and let us know what it is? The date code is a 6-digit code in the YYMMDD format, so for example 190603 would be today's date. The date code is usually located on the end of the label, sometimes near the bar code.
Hi,  
I have several pictures, but I can't figure out how to attach them.  I purchased this from Summit Racing, and yes, it was factory sealed when it arrived.  Date code is 190307.  Please let me know how to share the pics and I will send them.  The gaskets are clearly coming apart.
(06-03-2019, 10:04 PM) Wrote: Hi,  
I have several pictures, but I can't figure out how to attach them.  I purchased this from Summit Racing, and yes, it was factory sealed when it arrived.  Date code is 190307.  Please let me know how to share the pics and I will send them.  The gaskets are clearly coming apart.

Jeff,

Send us an email to Support@Felpro-Only.com and reference your post here on the forum. You can attach the pictures and we'll help you get this sorted out.

We hope to hear from you soon!
E-mail sent.  Thanks.
(06-04-2019, 03:04 PM) Wrote: E-mail sent.  Thanks.

Jeff,

We got your email and will be in touch soon. Thanks for reaching out!
Hi, I sent a follow up e-mail but thought I would reach out here too. Took the head gaskets back to Summit and got another set.  We opened them while there, and the replacements were just like the first set.  The sales guy said all the head gaskets are that way and were OK to install.  Can you shed some light on this and/or send me a good set directly?
(06-08-2019, 12:40 PM) Wrote: Hi, I sent a follow up e-mail but thought I would reach out here too. Took the head gaskets back to Summit and got another set.  We opened them while there, and the replacements were just like the first set.  The sales guy said all the head gaskets are that way and were OK to install.  Can you shed some light on this and/or send me a good set directly?

Hi Jeff,

We received your email and responded back this morning. We're happy to help you figure this out but will need a little bit of time to follow up on a few things on our end. We will stay in touch!

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.