Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
351c 2V Gasket Part Number
G'day,

Could you please confirm that the correct gasket to install on a 351 Cleveland with 2V alloy heads and an Edelbrock Air Gap manifold is the Fel-Pro 1240 part number? I will not be re-installing the metal valley pan back onto the engine so require the gaskets to suit this.

Thanks
Hi Ozzy,

You've got it, 1240 is the correct gasket set to use.
Great, thank you!
(01-08-2019, 01:23 PM) Wrote: Great, thank you!

You're welcome, good luck with your project!
Hi support,

Have just installed gaskets, is there any reason why the rear cork gasket does not make contact with the manifold? It all looks to be sitting down and flush everywhere else, but there is a 2-3mm gap between cork and base of manifold. There was no issue with sealing this area previously.                                  
Regards, Ozzy
(01-14-2019, 02:12 AM) Wrote: Hi support,

Have just installed gaskets, is there any reason why the rear cork gasket does not make contact with the manifold? It all looks to be sitting down and flush everywhere else, but there is a 2-3mm gap between cork and base of manifold. There was no issue with sealing this area previously.                                  
Regards, Ozzy

Hi Ozzy,

Since you aren't reinstalling the valley pan, there's a bit of a difference to the standard installation directions. We would recommend using RTV to create the end seals rather than the cork pieces.
I would have thought that since the Fel-Pro 1240 gasket kit is designed for installation without the valley pan all gaskets supplied would fit correctly. As you would be aware Fel-Pro provide another Gasket Kit that includes the valley pan installation and gaskets to suit.
I picked up on this gap between the manifold and the cork gasket after the intake manifold had been torqued down and the engine run up to temperature. Now that the manifold needs to be removed again to properly seal the area am I correct in assuming that the intake to head gaskets would now need replacing again?

Regards
(01-16-2019, 11:58 PM) Wrote: I would have thought that since the Fel-Pro 1240 gasket kit is designed for installation without the valley pan all gaskets supplied would fit correctly. As you would be aware Fel-Pro provide another Gasket Kit that includes the valley pan installation and gaskets to suit.
I picked up on this gap between the manifold and the cork gasket after the intake manifold had been torqued down and the engine run up to temperature. Now that the manifold needs to be removed again to properly seal the area am I correct in assuming that the intake to head gaskets would now need replacing again?

Regards

Ozzy,

The end seals in the 1240 gasket set are designed to seal the gap with an OE-fitment manifold. It's possible that the Air Gap manifold is the source of the gap (no pun intended - we promise). 1240 is a Performance gasket set, but we still use the OE intake for dimensions as we don't create separate gasket sets for every intake manifold on the market. Sometimes with aftermarket components, the castings are just a bit off and that's probably why you're having this issue now.

Out of curiosity, have the heads and/or the block been machined before?

Send us an email to Support@FelPro-Only.com and reference your posts on the forum, we'll help you find a solution!

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.