Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing the right head gasket
I was looking for some help in finding the right head gasket for my motor. I'm building a sbc 383 stroker with flat top pistons and aluminum AFR Eliminator 195cc race heads. Stock deck height. I will be running up to a 200 shot of nitrous once motor is broke in good. Thank you in advance!
Hi Jake,

If this were just going to be an n/a engine our recommendation would be our 1003 Performance composite gaskets.

With the 200 shot of nitrous, you're going to be fighting head lift. MLS gaskets are your best bet for that, but are going to require the surface finish heads and block to be 60 Ra or smoother.

Side note: We're going to move this post to the Performance Head Gaskets section on 1/12, but we'll leave it here for now so you can find it easily.
(01-04-2019, 06:17 PM)Support Wrote: Hi Jake,

If this were just going to be an n/a engine our recommendation would be our 1003 Performance composite gaskets.

With the 200 shot of nitrous, you're going to be fighting head lift. MLS gaskets are your best bet for that, but are going to require the surface finish heads and block to be 60 Ra or smoother.

Side note: We're going to move this post to the Performance Head Gaskets section on 1/12, but we'll leave it here for now so you can find it easily.

Which MLS Gasket would you recommend for my motor? Thanks
(02-25-2019, 06:17 PM)Jake Wrote: Which MLS Gasket would you recommend for my motor? Thanks

Jake,

1143 is the Performance MLS gasket with the most comparable thickness and bore size to 1003 (4.165" bore, .041" thick for 1143 vs 4.166" bore, .041" thick for 1003). It would be a great choice if it matches the specs you need for your desired quench, thickness, etc.

With the MLS gaskets, you have a lot of bore size/thickness options. You can view them all by selecting your engine here:
https://fme-cat.com/PerfApplication.aspx...L-PRO&ga=Y

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.