Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing gasket material
(10-17-2017, 04:12 PM)Support Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:11 PM)Air intake gasket Wrote: I ported my supercharger and throttle body and putting a special spacer between them. The factory gaskets won’t work anymore. What gasket material works best to seal the throttle body so I don’t have a vacuum leak? Thanks jay

Hi Jay,

Our rubber-fiber material or rubber-cellulose material would both be a fine choice for this application, so long as you aren't injecting methanol or anything like that pre-throttle body.

You can find the material specs, sheet sizes/thicknesses and part numbers here:
http://www.fme-cat.com/digipubZ/Fel-Pro-...?page=1300

Sorry I didn’t mention that but I am injecting Methanol. What material would you recommend?
(10-17-2017, 05:02 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:12 PM)Support Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:11 PM)Air intake gasket Wrote: I ported my supercharger and throttle body and putting a special spacer between them. The factory gaskets won’t work anymore. What gasket material works best to seal the throttle body so I don’t have a vacuum leak? Thanks jay

Hi Jay,

Our rubber-fiber material or rubber-cellulose material would both be a fine choice for this application, so long as you aren't injecting methanol or anything like that pre-throttle body.

You can find the material specs, sheet sizes/thicknesses and part numbers here:
http://www.fme-cat.com/digipubZ/Fel-Pro-...?page=1300

Sorry I didn’t mention that but I am injecting Methanol. What material would you recommend?

Jay,

Methanol (as you probably know) is pretty corrosive. Our Karropak material is the most chemical-resistant sealing material we have, and is the only material that we would recommend with that in mind.

Specs can be found here:
http://www.fme-cat.com/digipubZ/Fel-Pro-...?page=1298

All of that said, this sounds like a fun project. What type of engine and what type of vehicle are you working on if you won't mind us asking...inquiring minds, you know what we mean?
It’s an 04 chevy Silverado with a 5.3l supercharged. The heads, supercharger and throttle body (from an ls2 90mm) have been ported. Custom grind cam. Long tube headers and 3 inch exhaust. Methanol injection system before the throttle body. An interchiller that cools the supercharger water to 50 degrees so it cools the air intake down.
Can you recommend a part number for me. Thank you
(10-17-2017, 10:18 PM)Guest Wrote: It’s an 04 chevy Silverado with a 5.3l supercharged. The heads, supercharger and throttle body (from an ls2 90mm) have been ported. Custom grind cam. Long tube headers and 3 inch exhaust. Methanol injection system before the throttle body. An interchiller that cools the supercharger water to 50 degrees so it cools the air intake down.
Can you recommend a part number for me. Thank you

That sounds like a seriously fun truck! How much power does it put down? The LS-based truck engines are very stout.

The part number for the sheet you would want depends on how thick you need the gasket to be. We offer a 4"x6" sheet of 1/32" thick Karropak, its part # is 3195. If 4"x6" isn't enough, the next options are 12"x36" rolls, 3045 is 1/64" thick, 3046 is 1/32" thick and 3047 is 1/16" thick.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.