Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gasoline Gasket
Whe are the gaskets located on fuel injectors on 2002 GMC Envoy
(05-08-2017, 02:00 AM)Guest Wrote: Whe are the gaskets located on fuel injectors on 2002 GMC Envoy

Hi,

We are not sure we understand your questions. There are O-rings at each end of the injectors - is that what you're wondering about?
Hi
I'm looking to seal an aftermarket fuel pump into an in tank insert

The gasket needs to be 3/16 thick and of course fuel resistant...What do u recommend ....thanks
(05-16-2017, 01:10 AM)Guest Wrote: Hi

The gasket needs to be 3/16 thick and of course fuel resistant...What do u recommend ....thanks

Hi,

3/16" is too thick for gasket material, do you require a gasket or a spacer? Any gasket should be as thin as possible while still accommodating the surfaces it's sealing.

Karropak gasket material is the ideal material for applications that will be in contact with fuel, but it is only available up to 1/16" thick - it cannot be "stacked."

You can see the available sizes and thicknesses here:
http://www.fme-cat.com/digipubZ/Fel-Pro-...?page=1298
(05-16-2017, 02:47 PM)Support Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 01:10 AM)Guest Wrote: Hi

Hi,

3/16" is too thick for gasket material, do you require a gasket or a spacer? Any gasket should be as thin as possible while still accommodating the surfaces it's sealing.

Karropak gasket material is the ideal material for applications that will be in contact with fuel, but it is only available up to 1/16" thick - it cannot be "stacked."

You can see the available sizes and thicknesses here:
http://www.fme-cat.com/digipubZ/Fel-Pro-...?page=1298

Currently I'm using a cork gasket that was supplied in the kit....but I wasn't happy on the condition of the cork when I removed the unit to inspect my electric pump...so that's why I'm looking for Viton or nitrile these folks sell Viton but they can't tell me if it's fuel resistant....

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/prod...rchResults
(06-01-2017, 11:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Currently I'm using a cork gasket that was supplied in the kit....but I wasn't happy on the condition of the cork when I removed the unit to inspect my electric pump...so that's why I'm looking for Viton or nitrile these folks sell Viton but they can't tell me if it's fuel resistant....

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/prod...rchResults

If that sheet is Viton material it should be fuel resistant. Might be worth trying!
Hello, I'm in desperate need of gasket material for fuel block off plates on a TBI system for an external regulator. The original type gasket material is a orange rubber or rubber type material that is approximately .030", maybe slightly less. Does Felpro make any gasket material like that or a material that is gasoline resistant and pressure resistant? A material of 1/32 would probably be OK as well. Thank you for your input.

Tom
(07-01-2017, 05:27 PM)Guest Wrote: Hello, I'm in desperate need of gasket material for fuel block off plates on a TBI system for an external regulator. The original type gasket material is a orange rubber or rubber type material that is approximately .030", maybe slightly less. Does Felpro make any gasket material like that or a material that is gasoline resistant and pressure resistant? A material of 1/32 would probably be OK as well. Thank you for your input.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Our Karropak material would work well for this application. 3046 is the part number for a roll of Karropak in 1/32" thickness.
Does the Karropak need any gasoline resistant sealant or is the gasket good enough?  I am in need of a cork gasket for a fuel filler neck connection to the tank and the existing rubber/fiber was eaten up by our ethanol gas mixture.

Thanks!!

(07-05-2017, 04:10 PM)Support Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 05:27 PM)Guest Wrote: Hello, I'm in desperate need of gasket material for fuel block off plates on a TBI system for an external regulator. The original type gasket material is a orange rubber or rubber type material that is approximately .030", maybe slightly less. Does Felpro make any gasket material like that or a material that is gasoline resistant and pressure resistant? A material of 1/32 would probably be OK as well. Thank you for your input.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Our Karropak material would work well for this application. 3046 is the part number for a roll of Karropak in 1/32" thickness.
(08-03-2017, 03:40 PM)Kraig Wrote: Does the Karropak need any gasoline resistant sealant or is the gasket good enough?  I am in need of a cork gasket for a fuel filler neck connection to the tank and the existing rubber/fiber was eaten up by our ethanol gas mixture.

Hi Kraig,

Karropak is a gasoline-resistant material and should not have any type of sealer or adhesive applied to it. Karropak is a composite material, not cork-rubber.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.