Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plenum gasket
I am going to replace a fuel pressure regulator on my 1995 Chevy blazer.  It is located under or inside the plenum.After the repair when I replace the plenum cover I will replace the gasket will I need to use any type of sealant on the gasket? The vehicle is a 1995 Chevy blazer with an auto trans, 4.3 engine with 4wheel drive. Thanks for your advice.
Hi JerryM,

Install the gasket clean and dry! No sealer is required on that gasket, nor should any be used.

We hope this helps!
Hi RobertL,
Installing Ms96945 intake manifold gaskets on my 2004 Nissan Titan plenum after starter replacement. Is any sealant required to hold in place during assembly. Thanks!K
(09-22-2015, 12:09 AM)Guest Wrote: Hi RobertL,
Installing Ms96945 intake manifold gaskets on my 2004 Nissan Titan plenum after starter replacement. Is any sealant required to hold in place during assembly. Thanks!K

Hi,

The MS 96945 intake manifold gasket set needs to be installed clean and dry. Use no sealers, adhesives or RTVs on the gaskets or the flanges. These are press-in-place style gaskets, so make sure the grooves they sit in are clean and dry as well.

We hope this helps!
I have the lower and upper intake manifold gasket sets for a 2003 Impala 3.8 and have 2 questions.

In the lower kit (MS 98014 T), there is a blue plug. Can anyone tell me what this is used for and where it goes. It may be used on another application and that is fine but I need to find out so I can finish the assembly and get the car on the road again.

In the upper kit (MS95812), when the gasket assembly is removed, there are 2 gaskets where the 2 tubes or the EGR. Why are there not replacements in the kit. Are these gaskets not ever replaced. I have looked in other kits and they don't have replacements either. From what I have read, these are problem areas with the design, it only stands to reason they should be replaced. I noticed in the Dorman kit, they have 2 tubes to fix this problem. Any info on this item.
(04-20-2016, 01:11 AM)Guest Wrote: I have the lower and upper intake manifold gasket sets for a 2003 Impala 3.8 and have 2 questions.

In the lower kit (MS 98014 T), there is a blue plug. Can anyone tell me what this is used for and where it goes. It may be used on another application and that is fine but I need to find out so I can finish the assembly and get the car on the road again.

In the upper kit (MS95812), when the gasket assembly is removed, there are 2 gaskets where the 2 tubes or the EGR. Why are there not replacements in the kit. Are these gaskets not ever replaced. I have looked in other kits and they don't have replacements either. From what I have read, these are problem areas with the design, it only stands to reason they should be replaced. I noticed in the Dorman kit, they have 2 tubes to fix this problem. Any info on this item.

Hi,

The blue plug or grommet is for sealing the MAP sensor located on the front of the upper plenum. Not everyone removes this sensor, but we include it in case the MAP sensor is removed.

When replacing the plenum and intake, most leave the EGR valve in place - just the feed tube is removed from the EGR valve to the lower intake manifold (this is the procedure outlined by the repair manual). If you removed the EGR valve, gaskets are available separately. The part number for the EGR base is 70783.

The tubes fit into the manifold/EGR base and do not require any gaskets to seal. The ends of the tubes have embossments that are designed to crush when the flange is tightened. If you notice soot/carbon leakage at any of the tube connections, replace the tube.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)