Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trans pan gasket torque?
Hi I'm replacing the transmission oil pan on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee (gasket TOS 18733) and I can't find a torque spec for this gasket.  Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

The torque spec for the bolts is 105 in-lbs (under 9 ft-bs). Make sure the sealing surfaces are clean and dry, and that the pan flange is straight. Don't apply RTV or other sealers to the gasket.

We hope this helps!
I am replacing my Transmission gasket and cannot find the torque Specs. I have a 2007 Dodge Durango 5.7L Hemi 4x4.
(11-12-2016, 08:05 PM)Guest Wrote: I am replacing my Transmission gasket and cannot find the torque Specs. I have a 2007 Dodge Durango 5.7L Hemi 4x4.

Hi,

Always refer to the latest edition of the repair manual for your application for the most up-to-date torque specifications and procedures. The final bolt torque is 105 in-lbs. We recommend working your way up to the final torque in 3 even steps.
Hi. I have a 2002 dodge intrepid 2.7 and bought your TOS18705 trans pan gasket. Can you please tell me the torque specs for the pan bolts. Thanks
(02-06-2017, 11:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Hi. I have a 2002 dodge intrepid 2.7 and bought your TOS18705 trans pan gasket. Can you please tell me the torque specs for the pan bolts. Thanks

Hi,

Always refer to the latest edition of the repair manual for your application for the most up-to-date torque specifications and procedures. We cannot provide the repair manual directions as they are copyright-protected. The final torque spec is 17 ft-lbs. We recommend working your way up to the final torque in 3 even steps.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.