Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water pump gasket
(01-01-2018, 06:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Hi,

Replacing my water pump on a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac using Fel-Pro gasket Part No.35474. Can I assume just install on clean and dry surface with NO sealant required?

Thanks!
Steve

Steve,

Clean and dry, no sealant.
2007 Ford explorer 4.0 v6 I bought a fel-pro water pump gasket and it has a red line in there and I have been reading that blue is the color to look for does that matter n do I need extra RTV gasket sealer I'm checking because I'm having issues with the stupid paper gasket that came with the pump I'm not trying to keep messing around
(01-16-2018, 12:11 AM)Aaron Wrote: 2007 Ford explorer 4.0 v6 I bought a fel-pro water pump gasket and it has a red line in there and I have been reading that blue is the color to look for does that matter n do I need extra RTV gasket sealer I'm checking because I'm having issues with the stupid paper gasket that came with the pump I'm not trying to keep messing around

Hi Aaron,

Don't lose any sleep over the color of the Printoseal sealing bead, it will seal just fine regardless of if it is red, blue, etc. Do not use any sealant or adhesive when installing this gasket, as it could cause an issue with the red Printoseal sealing bead, the coating applied to the gasket material or the gasket itself. Install the gasket clean and dry on clean and dry surfaces.

Make sure the sealing surface on the block isn't pitted, gouged or otherwise damaged. if it is, you'll need to repair it using metal epoxy and smooth it out to ensure the sealing surface is smooth, flat and true. Ensure that the replacement water pump flange is indeed flat as well.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.