Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water pump gasket
(03-24-2017, 05:59 PM)Guest Wrote: I am installing a water pump on a 82 chevy truck gasket 5152 do I need to apply rtv

Hi,

No RTV should be used on the gaskets or on the sealing surfaces. Install them clean and dry.
Hi installing water pump on a 2000 chevy c2500 5.7 vortec  wich side of gasket should face the engine block blue stripes or plain blue
(04-15-2017, 11:19 PM)Guest Wrote: Hi installing water pump on a 2000 chevy c2500 5.7 vortec  wich side of gasket should face the engine block blue stripes or plain blue

Hi,

The gasket can be installed facing either way, the stripes do not affect sealing. The Blue Stripe treatment is a Fel-Pro trademark that identifies the gaskets as a Fel-Pro gasket.
Hey I have a 93 Chevy Cavalier Z24 3.1 liter it's a 6 cylinder of that generation. I installed the water pump gasket on a pump and everything. I did it all dry I turned everything up and I look for leaks I had no leaks so I was happy I started my car up and it's throwing water all over the place. Did I do something wrong
I have a 93 Chevy Cavalier Z24 3.1 multiport and I'm changing the gasket on the water pump I changed it twice now using Fel-Pro and all it wants to do is spew water everywhere start coming from the weep hole so it's not the water pumps not bad I know that much is there anything else I have to do
(06-15-2017, 01:55 AM)Deric Wrote: Hey I have a 93 Chevy Cavalier Z24 3.1 liter it's a 6 cylinder of that generation. I installed the water pump gasket on a pump and everything. I did it all dry I turned everything up and I look for leaks I had no leaks so I was happy I started my car up and it's throwing water all over the place. Did I do something wrong
I have a 93 Chevy Cavalier Z24 3.1 multiport and I'm changing the gasket on the water pump I changed it twice now using Fel-Pro and all it wants to do is spew water everywhere start coming from the weep hole so it's not the water pumps not bad I know that much is there anything else I have to do

Hi Deric,

The water pump gasket will only fit the pump one way so if it went together without trouble you have the gasket installed correctly.

Are you saying the coolant is coming from the weep hole? If so the pump could be bad. The pump will only fit one way. There are 5 water pump bolts and the installation torque for the pump bolts is 89 in. lbs.

Also, there is a coolant tube just behind the water pump that connects to a short 90-degree rubber hose. Make sure the hose & the O-ring that seals the tube to the timing cover are not leaking.
Thermostat Housing Gasket 35598 (blue in color and stamped 10-1233)...RTV or Dry?

96 GMC Sonoma 2.2L 4-cylinder

Thanks.
(06-17-2017, 06:09 AM)Peter Giovani Wrote: Thermostat Housing Gasket 35598 (blue in color and stamped 10-1233)...RTV or Dry?

96 GMC Sonoma 2.2L 4-cylinder

Thanks.

Hi Peter,

Clean and dry, no RTV, no adhesives.
Just checking to verify that 35403 gasket does NOT need sealant...is that correct?
(06-30-2017, 08:04 PM)Guest Wrote: Just checking to verify that 35403 gasket does NOT need sealant...is that correct?

Hi,

This is correct - no sealant, install the gasket clean and dry on clean and dry surfaces.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.