Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Bolts: 1995 Chevy S10 4.3L TBI Vin: Z
What head bolt set should I use on a 1995 Chevy S10 4.3L TBI  Vin: Z ?

On every website I visit (AutoZone, Summit, RockAuto, Fel-Pro, AdvanceAuto, etc)  the Fel-Pro ES 74034 bolt set is recommended.  There is a problem though.
There are a couple reviews from people with the TBI  Vin: Z motor saying this set won't work.  Two of the bolts are too short.   

www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1ENBXS2WMPMN1/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000C2CG1W

I purchased a set of the ES 74034 before I read the reviews and the box does say "Vin W engine 96'-98'".

What set would I use then for a 95 Chevy S10 TBI with the Z engine?
Hi John,

ES 74034 are indeed the correct bolts for the VIN Z 4.3L in your '95 S-10.

The 2 medium length bolts go at each end of the cylinder head - could that be the cause of the issue people have described?
The bolts are the correct lengths.   They do work on a Z engine. The people that left the reviews must have already has their motor worked on or replaced.  

Thank you for the response.

Please delete this thread.
(11-08-2018, 03:23 AM)John Wrote: The bolts are the correct lengths.   They do work on a Z engine. The people that left the reviews must have already has their motor worked on or replaced.  

Thank you for the response.

Please delete this thread.

John,

Glad to hear everything is indeed correct!

We will leave this post up in case anyone else has the same question in the future.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.