Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gasket material needed for plastic fuel tank
My boat has a plastic(?) fuel tank(not a perfectly smooth surface) and the original rubber gaskets have fallen apart.  I had some Karropak 3045 and gave that a try but it did not seal.  Would the thicker karropak work or would cork-rubber or rubber-fiber be better?  Also I would guess the original was probably 1/8", what thickness would you recommend?
Hi,

Karropack would be the best material for this application. We offer Karropak in thicknesses up to 1/16", and do not recommend stacking gaskets or sheets as that's asking for a leak. Part # 3047 is a 12" x 36" sheet of 1/16" thick Karropak, you could give that a try.

If you do need material that is 1/8" (you want to go with the thinnest material possible that will seal), we do offer cork-rubber material in a 1/8" thick roll, part # 3007. It is 18" x 36".

Karropak will do a better job at providing a long-term seal for a gasoline application with today's fuels, so we strongly recommend using it if it works for your application.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)