Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SBF AFR Heads Valve Cover Gaskets
SBF Renegade 220cc heads, have bought both the Fel-Pro VS13264T & Fel-Pro VS50029C valve cover gaskets. Neither part number fits the heads. The top of the gasket is much further away from the upper bolt holes than on the head, so only a tiny portion (1/8"??) of the gasket overlaps the valve cover "rail" - the machined sealing flange of the head. Which Fel-Pro part numbers will fit this head? AFR recommends the #1645. I would prefer a more modern gasket, steel core silicone, etc., but if the 1645 is the only option & fits, so be it.

Thanks
-Tim

Can anyone tell me where the Felpro part number 1684 valve cover gasket for SBF differs from the part number VS13264T? I am trying to find a quality, modern type gasket for a build using AFR 220 heads. The VS13264T does NOT fit - the upper portion does not align correctly with the head (see attached photos). I then tried a Felpro VS50029C cork/rubber gasket which wasn't as bad as the VS13264T, but it still hangs off the upper head sealing flange quite a bit.

[Image: vcgasket2_zpsa8jn8kdj.jpg]
[Image: vcgasket1_zpslnrrimex.jpg]
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We don't have any AFR heads in storage to test fit gaskets on, so unfortunately we aren't able to check the fit of different gasket sets.

We do not make different size valve cover gaskets for Ford heads, as they should all be the same. The VS 13264 T / 1684 gaskets are designed for cast valve covers, though. We would recommend the 1645 gaskets since that's what AFR recommends.
(01-03-2017, 03:16 PM)Support Wrote: Hi Tim,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We don't have any AFR heads in storage to test fit gaskets on, so unfortunately we aren't able to check the fit of different gasket sets.

We do not make different size valve cover gaskets for Ford heads, as they should all be the same. The VS 13264 T / 1684 gaskets are designed for cast valve covers, though. We would recommend the 1645 gaskets since that's what AFR recommends.

Thanks for your reply

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)