Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HST 9354 PT-6 install question
Hi, I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer with the Vortec 4.3 v6 I bought the Fel-pro head set HST 9354 PT-6.My question is on the head gasket which side goes up? The gasket is not marked up the only difference I see is the metal ring around the cylinder bore 1 side has a ring around the bores with gasket material between them & the other side has solid metal between the bores. I am thinking the rings with gasket material between them go up but want to make sure. the original gaskets just had the rings on both sides. Thanks
Hi Gary
On this application, it does not matter which side goes up or down.
If an application requires a specific orientation (UP, LEFT, RIGHT), we will mark the gasket accordingly.
Thanks for your post and thanks for installing Fel-Pro.
John
Fel-Pro Team Member
Daniel here installing Fel-Pro hst 9354 pt-6 on a gmc Sonoma 4.3 did not come with distributor gasket and wish there was more information on what o rings go where but got it in so far. and should have I made bigger holes on the top part of the head gasket where the tiny holes are? I did not. And the clear tubes what can I use them for.
(05-13-2017, 06:52 AM)Guest Wrote: Daniel here installing Fel-Pro hst 9354 pt-6 on a gmc Sonoma 4.3 did not come with distributor gasket and wish there was more information on what o rings go where but got it in so far. and should have I made bigger holes on the top part of the head gasket where the tiny holes are? I did not. And the clear tubes what can I use them for.

Hi Daniel,

The O-rings only need to be matched up with what you remove. The medium size O-ring in this set is the distributor base gasket. The large oval O-ring seals the fuel injection spider unit to the intake manifold. The 6 grommet type O-rings are for the valve covers, and the 2 small O-rings are for the fuel feed lines.

The head gasket should not be modified in any way. We make the holes a precise size to meter the flow of coolant as it moves through the engine.

The small, clear tubes slide over the tips of the valve stems so the valve stem seals can be slid over the keeper grooves without catching on the sharp edges. Move them from valve to valve as you install the new valve stem seals and set them aside when you are done.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)