Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
valve cover gaskets
What is the torque for a 2010 Ford escape 2.5 liter valve cover gasket?
(07-19-2017, 05:45 PM)Guest Wrote: What is the torque for a 2010 Ford escape 2.5 liter valve cover gasket?

Hi,

The torque spec of 89 in-lbs listed in the repair manual for the valve covers should be followed. You will need an inch-lb torque wrench to accurately torque the bolts for the valve cover. There are two locations where a dab of sealant must be applied, these are the joints formed by the timing cover and the cylinder head. Apply sealant to the cylinder head in these areas only. There is a specific sequence the bolts should be tightened in - we recommend referencing the repair manual for this application to ensure you have the proper specifications and sequences.

Fel-Pro gaskets are designed to be installed using the OE torque specs unless otherwise noted by an instruction sheet that would only be included if the specs were different. This is because the information and procedures in the repair manual are copyright-protected, so we are not able to reprint them. We strongly recommend using the latest edition of the repair manual for your application to ensure you have the correct torque specifications, sequence, and other procedures to ensure a reliable repair. Printed manuals can be purchased at your local auto parts stores or online. Electronic access to repair information can be purchased through a website such as AllDataDIY.com

If you do not wish to purchase a manual, you can check with your local library as they may have a copy available.
I have a 2001 Olds Aurora 4.0 and need the valve cover torque specs.
I need torque specs for a 2001 Olds Aurora 4.0, I have the Fel-pro Gaskets, not sure of the part # but the are blue in color.
(07-27-2017, 02:37 PM)Guest Wrote: I have a 2001 Olds Aurora 4.0 and need the valve cover torque specs.
I need torque specs for a 2001 Olds Aurora 4.0, I have the Fel-pro Gaskets, not sure of the part # but the are blue in color.

Hi,

The set you should have is part # VS 50526 R. The color of the rubber doesn't affect its ability to seal. This is a fairly involved repair, as there are many more steps that need to be taken compared to most cover gasket jobs. We strongly recommend picking up the latest edition of the repair manual for this application to ensure you have instruction for all of the specifications and procedures. We cannot reprint the repair manual instructions as they are copyright protected. All bolts and fasteners should be tightened to the originally specified torque specs. For the valve cover bolts, this is 89 in-lbs. You will need to use an in-lb torque wrench to torque these bolts properly, most ft-lb torque wrenches cannot accurately respond to lower torque measurements.
Can you tell me the torque specs for a 1996 diesel rocker cover for a Nissan largo?
(08-04-2017, 03:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Can you tell me the torque specs for a 1996 diesel rocker cover for a Nissan largo?

We do not have access to any repair information for this application as it was not originally sold in North American markets. We recommend tracking down a repair manual for your application.
Mike ,
 Can you tell be what the valve cover torque specs for a Honda Civic 1.8 sohc
(08-17-2017, 01:26 AM)Guest Wrote: Mike ,
 Can you tell be what the valve cover torque specs for a Honda Civic 1.8 sohc

Hi,

What year is your Civic? Regardless of the year, the specifications listed in the repair manual for your application should be followed.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.