Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
valve cover gaskets
Can you please give me the Valve Cover torque specs for an 02 Toyota 4runner 4x4 3.4L? FEL-PRO part # VS 50422 R
(05-10-2016, 06:35 PM)Guest Wrote:  Can you please give me the Valve Cover torque specs for an 02 Toyota 4runner 4x4 3.4L? FEL-PRO part # VS 50422 R

Hi,

For proper torque specs and sequence, always refer to the latest edition of the repair manual for your application.

53 in-lbs it's the latest spec we have for this - you will need an in-lb torque wrench to properly torque these bolts.

There are 8 locations on each cylinder head which require a dab of sealer - they are the joints created by the cam caps and the half-moon seals. Put a small dab of RTV at each of these joints on the cylinder head. Install the gasket into the valve cover clean and dry with no oil, sealer, RTV or adhesives.
What would the torque specs be on a 2004 Jeep liberty sport with the 3.7?
thanks
(08-10-2016, 04:03 PM)Guest Wrote:  What would the torque specs be on a 2004 Jeep liberty sport with the 3.7?
thanks

The factory specified spec of 105 in-lbs should be followed. Always reference the repair manual for your application to confirm correct torque specs and sequence.
Hello I was hoping y'all can help me. My grand father got the gasket a wile back now I'm trying to do it. But there was no paper with instructions like most of your gaskets come with. I was wondering if there is a need for any for a 98 Isuzu rodeo 2.2 gasket set VS 50722 R? thank you. 
(08-28-2016, 03:18 PM)Joseph Wrote:  Hello I was hoping y'all can help me. My grand father got the gasket a wile back now I'm trying to do it. But there was no paper with instructions like most of your gaskets come with. I was wondering if there is a need for any for a 98 Isuzu rodeo 2.2 gasket set VS 50722 R? thank you. 

Hi Joseph,

Most of our gaskets sets do not come with instruction sheets - we only include instructions when the installation procedure differs from the OE procedure. Fel-Pro gaskets are designed to be installed using the procedures and specifications listed by the OE repair manual for each application unless otherwise noted on a special instruction sheet. We can't reprint the repair manual because the information is copyright-protected.

The procedure listed in the repair manual for this application is fairly involved, It includes removal of the crankshaft pulley and the front portion of the timing cover. This is presumably to get to bolts that may be inaccessible otherwise.

We strongly recommend picking up a repair manual or checking with your local library to see if they have one, as you will find it useful to help ensure you get the job done right the first time!
Hey guys. I'm looking for torque specs for the valve cover on the 1997 Nissan D21, 2.4L 4-Cyl (ka24e), and the gasket model number is VS50042R

Thanks in advance!
(10-12-2016, 01:34 AM)Kid With a Truck Wrote:  Hey guys. I'm looking for torque specs for the valve cover on the 1997 Nissan D21, 2.4L 4-Cyl (ka24e), and the gasket model number is VS50042R

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

The repair manual for this application lists a specific torque sequence that should be followed to ensure a proper seal. We recommend tracking a manual down for that sequence. The torque spec is 61-95 in-lbs, which is a pretty big range. Aim for the middle, follow the torque sequence and you should be all set!
what are the specs for a 2003 toyota camery 2.4?
(12-22-2016, 07:52 PM)rich Wrote:  what are the specs for a 2003 toyota camery 2.4?

Hi Rich,

For some reason, the manual we have does not specify torque for the bolts.

Always refer to the latest edition of the repair manual for your application - in this case you may want to check on the Toyota forums as well. A quick google search returned results ranging from 60 in-lbs to 96 in-lbs. We recommend confirming the correct specification before torquing them.

You can purchase access to TIS (Toyota's technical Information System) for $15, this will contain all of the information you need.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)